[BC] Re: SUPER MODULATION & AM STANDARDS

SHAFFER, RANDY L RandyShaffer
Thu May 12 20:05:43 CDT 2005

>Oh, and Grady Moates might confess to his hot-rockin supermodulated WYRE
>Annapolis back in the 70's, the legendary 250W Top-40 daytimer with a
>hot rod BC1H.
>I believe it was also the most profitable daytimer in the US for several
>years.
>Very. Loud. Indeed.

What a great station. WYRE could be heard under the right conditions here in Scentral PA. You 're right about the loudness, I'd put it right up there with WZYQ in Fredrick for holding the needle still. I had a friend that worked at both stations and got to visit them in their heyday.

Randy Shaffer
WLYH/WHP-TV
Harrisburg, PA