[BC] Lightning and grounded masts

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Wed May 11 21:45:08 CDT 2005

Clive I won't doubt your figures. But I'm not sure mother nature is following them. I've seen at
least one crushed 10 amp coil and several blown apart 293 capacitors in the shunt leg of the T
network on a shunt fed tower.  Give me a day and I'll provide pictures of the Arc gap I installed
which is gapped out to about 2KV and it shows plenty of activity..
Alan  (from lightning free Florida)