[BC] Charge Dissipation Devices

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed May 11 16:08:49 CDT 2005

In a message dated 05/11/2005 1:19:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Towers at mre.com writes:

> Be careful.  The measurements were of broadband noise energy typically
>  found in that environment.  Not DC or other nominal sources of any known
>  stable voltage. A substantial amount of research is needed to quantify the
>  frequency of the energy being conveyed as well as the voltage before any
>  type of system to harness it is developed.  Keep in mind THAT energy could
>  very well turn into a high discharge event quickly.

I'm sure it could be designed with a heavy duty spark-gap, which would shunt
the majority of the destructive energy in the unlikely event of a big zap. The
corona discharge off the "porcupine" device could, theoretically, be fed thru
a heavy-duty rectifier and filter cap... then some kind of regulator, to feed
a cable down the tower, where the batteries would be kept. It may not run the
microwave, but it could charge some batteries over time.

Yes, it's BTN... but maybe, just maybe, someone could make such a thing work.
:)

Willie...
N1NKM