[BC] Charge Dissipation Devices

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Wed May 11 11:48:51 CDT 2005

In a message dated 05/11/2005 11:30:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ronc at sonic.net writes:

> That is similar to a report I remember reading in QST about a ham who put
an
>  ammeter in line with a dissipation device on his tower at home and saw
>  around 50 amps of current as a storm approached.

Good gravy! That could certainly be used to charge a battery, at least
partially! That's a lot of juice! Maybe this is a method to "harness" at least a
tiny bit of the power from storms... if not commercially, certainly experienced
hobbyists could do it. :)

Willie...