[BC] LPFM on Xlators

khcs@juno.com khcs
Sun May 8 22:03:12 CDT 2005

Keith commented:

>NAB added a message to it's website inviting LPFM's to join up
and to pay their dues as newly "welcomed" members. NAB fought such a
nasty battle in that situation that I've determined to never allow any
of our stations to join. That was downright filthy politics and they can
do that without us. If we can't take on "perceived competition" on
an honest head-to-head basis, what's the point in trying to legislate them out of existence? Are we - as commercial broadcasters - THAT unsure of our product?)

I did kind of briefly mention some of that to Eddie Fritts when they had a Bored of Directors meeting a few years ago at the La Quinta Resort.  I said, why not get membership dues from these folks?  I guess he didn't pay any attention...

Glen Kippel
KHCS
Palm Desert, CA