[BC] distribution and marketing

Clive Warner clive
Sat May 7 21:04:14 CDT 2005

<IB(tired of typing iBiquity) figured the broadcasters would pay anything to
<get protection for the big bad satellite radio and they were right.

The above fired some synapses and I suddenly wondered, has anyone done a
SWOT analysis?
(Strength-Weakness-Opportunity-Threat)
Thinking about it:

                         Satellite             Terrestrial

Local?                 NO                NO (VT!)
Everywhere?       Yes                NO (per station)
In-car?                Yes                Yes
On TV?              Yes                 No
Advertisers          National          Local & some national
Choice                80 channels    10 channels?
Quality                Broadly equivalent?
Cost to provide    Here's the kicker! Anyone know?

>From what I hear in the UK though, cost to provide is way way lower than
running a terrestrial service.
And, methinks, isn't that the reason why there are few jobs for installation
engineers these days?

Clive