[BC] Digital Radio Express

Dave Dunsmoor mrfixit
Sat May 7 19:20:04 CDT 2005

> Dave Dunsmoor wrote:
>
>  >So how (spectrally) would these two systems differ?
>
>         They would not differ (spectrally).

Ok, that's the primary part I was curious about. I thought there was some
discussion earlier about DRE not consuming as much of the adjacent spectrum.

>        They would differ in that on one the code would be supplied to
> the receiver manufacturers for free. Or pennies maybe. And you only have
> to buy the encoder/exciter, once. And you don't have to open your
> business books up to prove/disprove revenue of the additional channels.

Which in my book seems like the only reasonable way to do it. Or at least
follows the way we do everything else. Even the software we "rent", is only
paid for once. Tech support is another issue, but that's not what we're
discussing here with Ibiquity as I understand it.

Thanks,

Dave