[BC] Digital Radio Express

Rich Wood richwood
Sat May 7 17:42:37 CDT 2005

------ At 08:47 AM 5/6/2005, Ernie Belanger wrote: -------

>iBiquity and HD Radio are registered trade marks of iBiquity Digital
>Corporation.  If one uses their names in a posting that is less than
>complimentary then one potentially has opened themselves up to a legal problem.

I've done a lot of trademark work in the past and have been to many
seminars given by law firms. I doubt someone could get hauled into court
for expressing an opinion. I think it would have to be an accusation that
someone stole a patent or did something illegal. Just saying you think IBOC
under the trade name isn't the salvation of radio is personal opinion. Even
if they did sue, many of us here would be considered experts. That's a
tough battle to win.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia