[BC] RE: Food for Thought

Rich Wood richwood
Sat May 7 17:15:57 CDT 2005

------ At 10:36 PM 5/5/2005, JYRussell at academicplanet.com wrote: -------

>Yeah.  I know.  we used to get glowing letters back after many of our
>remotes, usually saying something along the lines of "was your DJ ever a
>______?  He knew just exactly what to say to bring our point across to our
>customers"...
>
>    the GM told me none of that makes any difference if they don't pay.

The station doesn't charge for remotes or, at least, require a substantial
buy? If not, he's a worse manager than I imagined. Testimonial letters from
happy advertisers are good as gold in unrated markets - good as gold in any
market. There's no better way to prove a station's effectiveness for
advertisers than an honest letter from someone who used it and saw
potential customers as a result.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia