[BC] Digital Radio Express

khcs@juno.com khcs
Fri May 6 16:17:47 CDT 2005

Tom suggested:

>Glenn, for regular high level combining, you need to increase
>your analog TPO by 10%. Your Ibiquity tx will run 10% of your new >tpo. That signal will be knocked down by 10 db on the combiner.

OK, our TPO is 470 watts and we have a 500-watt transmitter.  So far, so good.  It could easily do the 517 watts or so to make up for the combiner loss.  But, to get 47 watts of digital carrier, it looks like we would need a 500-watt digital transmitter, combiner and a 500-watt RF line termination.  That's probably close enough to start working up a rough cost estimate.

Glen Kippel
KHCS
Palm Desert, CA