[BC] solid state T8 fluorescent bulbs

Powell E. Way III, W4OPW powell
Thu May 5 09:03:48 CDT 2005

On 3 May 2005 at 1:06, Mark Croom  wrote:

> Now, one of my stations has nothing but the new electronic ballasts
> and T8 bulbs, and another of my stations is converting fixtures over
> to them. They are working great for us. They are quiet and the bulbs
> are very bright. Everyone who has been working under the older bulbs
> whose office gets converted to the new ones are thrilled with how
> light it is. And they use less energy...can't beat that deal.
>
> Mark
> MN

There is only 1 drawback. This is really a solid state version of
"Instant Start".  Now as long as you don't turn them off much you get
good life. I'm working at Freds part time, and just had to replace 2
in the ladies room at a bit over 2000 hours. They had gotten black at
one end and one had failed. The mens room is not far behind. The ones
that illuminate the store have just a tad of discoloring at the ends.

Powell