[BC] Kirk Harnack's side tone comment

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Thu May 5 04:19:39 CDT 2005

I was referring to the sidetone that came back from the Cell site. Not
that I ever listened to Cell calls or anything like that for anything
other than required testing purposes. You could at one time easily hear
both sides of the conversation coming from the cell site. Then one day
the person on the cell just vanished. All you could hear was the caller
and not the person on the Cell. When it first started happening side
tone would be there one day and gone the next, and then back again a
week later, or one site would have it on while the next site would have
it off.  It didn't seem to be a carrier by carrier option, but more a
site by site one. As a cell user it was also very noticeable when the
side tone was turned off, and quite agitating until you got used to it.

--
Alan Alsobrook CSRE CBNT
St. Augustine Fl. 32086 904-829-8885