[BC] I would appreciate

Barry Mishkind barry
Tue May 3 18:38:07 CDT 2005

  ... a few moments of your time.

This is the BROADCAST list.

Along with it's sister lists - tech-assist and the Alternate Frequency - it
is designed to bring professional broadcasters together.

The key URL for you to know is www.radiolists.net

You are encouraged to invite other broadcasters to join us ... and share.

You are also encouraged to use a filter and pull all the posts into a
"special" inbox, so as not to overload your "regular" email. Each BROADCAST
post has [BC] in the Subject line, do you can easily filter
them.  [tech-assist] and [AF] work the same way.

We are hosted on the VIRTBIZ.COM server in Dallas, TX. We have had
virtually 100% uptime since the list was moved over (a brief outage
occurred when we overran the first hard drive - but that has since been
corrected).  Chris Gebhart, who is on the list, is the fellow who stepped
up to help, and deserves praise, and if you need a host, the chance to
serve you.

The main reason for posts not to reach the list are:
         1. post from a non-member. In order to prevent
              spammers from destroying the list, the mailman
             program stops posts from non-subscribers. I
             manually look at them when I have time.  It might
             even take a couple of days, during the NAB for example.

         2. there is a black-hole or other filter between us.
             If you have repeated problems, feel free to email
             me directly.  I ALWAYS respond to such emails.
             If you don't get an answer in a day or so, you
             may usually assume I didn't get the email, and
             please try me via another account or by phone.

         3. Certain topics get moved to the Alternate Frequency
             because they have drifted way off anything
              connected to broadcasting, except all the participants
             are broadcasters. To accommodate them, the
              Alternate Frequency is set up for virtually
             unlimited topics and very light moderation.

             In order to not have some posts go to waste, I will
             occasionally move posts over, and add
             your address to the AF list. Then you can see
             any responses to your post - and in the archives,
             see any others who got there before you.

             Since tempers get high, I've seen a lot of
             un-subbing from AF after a flash argument.
             It is much better to just filter some topics
             or posters to the trashcan than un-sub, as
              you may miss out on the comments from the
             rest of us. I'd like to encourage you to stay
             with the list ... and help steer things "back
             to sanity."

Any other questions?  Please ask me directly...

Thanks for your participation.

barry

Barry Mishkind     -       Tucson, AZ    -   520-296-3797