[BC] (Fwd) cell phone interference?

Cole Grace colegrace
Tue May 3 08:31:14 CDT 2005

Cole Grace, Duluth, MN  colegrace at juno.com writes
Although there are several technologies used in cellular they usually
"check in" with the local cell site every 6 minutes or so (TDMA) to
update location, availability, roaming, etc. .  Some scheduled checks
provide more information about the cell phone especially if it's not
roaming or handing off to another site.  All of this is done thru
transmitting from the phone without your intervention. Keeps the billing
folks happy as well.  I hear the updates from my GSM phone thru the
unbalanced p.c. speakers throughout the day.  It can swamp a nearby item
(recorder, car radio) as well.  When an incoming call pings your phone it
sends a burst back saying - I'm here, go ahead and send me the call.