[BC] cell phone interference?

Bernie Courtney jerseyspikes
Mon May 2 19:28:28 CDT 2005

I've only seen this with nextels and although far less pronounced,
with a GSM phone i had a few years back.  How far you need to get the
phone away from the equipment depends largely on the gear your using.
When I'm out doing a remote I have no problem using my nextel standing
in front of the mixer with a mic in my hand.  On the contrary, when
I'm at home in my living room, merely answering a call in the room
will cause my Sony Surround receiver to sound like its possessed.

bern