[BC] Cheep automation software

khcs@juno.com khcs
Mon May 2 11:24:32 CDT 2005

In a message dated 05/01/2005 10:45:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
khcs at juno.com writes:

>>One could use an external time clock to fire an ID over the music at the top
>> of the hour.  Run the ID from an external CD, MD, cart, whatever.  A little
>> cheesy perhaps, but it would work.

and Willie responded:

>Of course... but the impression I got, was that this person wanted to >use WinAmp in a PC to generate the on-air product.

Did I say not to?  To reiterate -- use the WinAmp to generate most everything.  The problem was in getting the ID to run at the TOH.  Must everything be done by WinAmp?  No.  The only difficulty would be that the ID would run over music at the TOH (give or take a bit -- the timing doesn't have to be exact) and that may be a listener irritant to somebody.  But, it's only once per hour, and you're trying to do this on the cheap, so you have to accept some compromises.

Glen Kippel
KHCS
Palm Desert, CA