[BC] Professionalism

Mario Hieb, P.E. mario
Sun Jul 31 14:14:58 CDT 2005

I tell my installers and contractors that the folks who pay the bills have
no idea how any of the technical stuff works, but their eyes can tell if
it's professionally built and if they're getting their money's worth.

Engineers don't need to wear a suit and tie, but a professional attitude
goes a long way.

Mario

At 11:01 PM 7/30/2005, you wrote:
>Message: 1
>Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:14:47 -0400
>From: Jeff Johnson <jjohnson at goodnews.net>
>Subject: RE: Re: [BC] Professionalism
>

> >250-300?? That's a little low on a lot of them.....(There is a small number
> >of us below that figure...Im 5'9" and 200.....but a lot of radio AND TV
> >engineers I know are much bigger than that;
>
>It strikes me that care of self is much more important than fussing over
>styles of professional attire. If you do not take care of yourself - your
>most valuable asset, how can a client presume you are careful professionally?
>
>I notice the orderliness of an engineer or salesman's car or truck to be an
>indication of her or his professionalism. If there is 20# of trash on the
>dash and more on the floors, that is no-doubt what will become of what that
>person works on for you.
>
>Jeff.Johnson at goodnews.net

Mario Hieb, P.E.
Consulting Engineer