[BC] Do We Still Like Our Jobs?

Chris Boone CBoone
Sun Jul 31 11:30:48 CDT 2005

Did you take them to small claims court?? If you had the documentation, you
could get them for the $$$ in court...The JPs (who run such courts) are
usually very friendly to the employees in this case; at least they are in
Texas if you have your ducks in a row :)
You may still be able to file suit if it has been less than 2 years (That is
the limit in Texas)

In Texas, you can file for 3 times the amount...up to $5000 total....AND
court costs, etc. (In fact I have one case pending against a telecom company
I did some contractor work for last year--they never sent me a 1099, I put
the IRS on that!, and they owe me for 2 days of work as well as $600 in cell
phone bills...which I have their email saying they would pay..3x all that
will be a nice bonus! Of course if I win, then I have to get it out of
them..but luckily they still have an office in Texas and I can garnish from
their bank account with a court order..all this without a lawyer involved)