[BC] video & sagging box office

Mike McCarthy mre
Fri Jul 29 16:38:52 CDT 2005

Well I didn't say we could go out for a night on the cheap.  But lets
be real here, there a LOT of areas which don't have the $1-7 specials
at local theaters.  And none have popcorn or candy for less than $1.75.

Now what does this have to do with broadcasting?

MM

> Harold wrote:
>
> >My wife and I can do dinner and movie for about $30.
>
> Being perpetually impecunious, my wife and I can go out on "taco
night," get some 50-cent tacos and drinks for about $5, then go to the
dollar theatre (how many movies are worth $8 or $9?).  If we want to
be fancy, we can go to P.F. Chang's or someplace and split a $10.95 or
$13.95 entree, as the portions are plenty big at most restaurants, and
still come out at less than $30.