[BC] video & sagging box office

Mike McCarthy mre
Fri Jul 29 15:09:49 CDT 2005

My wife and me were talking about this last night.  We calculated that
between dinner (nice date dinner) and a movie, that one night could
approach $100. I recall not too long ago when I could take a
girlfriend out to eat at a nice place and do a move for under $50.

If you add kids to the lunch aspect and do the cheap show during the
day, you would do WELL if you could get all that in for less that $100.

My wife and me haven't paid for more than a couple movies in over
three years.  We'll go to station events...but not pay out unless we
REALLY want to see something.  Like Hitchikers Guide or Lord of the
Rings.

In the house we're building, we will have a media center with a LARGE
screen and surround.  If I really want to enjoy a movie, why drive and
have kids coughing, phones ringing, and all those other distractions
and have to pay when I can get them all at home...with a PAUSE button.

MM

> Willie:
>
> I think you're right.  We have two theaters that charge $6.00 during
the
> day.  So you go with the wife and two kids, that's $24 to get in.
Then you