[BC] video & sagging box office

Tom Ray tomray
Fri Jul 29 11:28:38 CDT 2005

Willie:

I think you're right.  We have two theaters that charge $6.00 during the
day.  So you go with the wife and two kids, that's $24 to get in.  Then you
add snacks....you're lucky to escape for under $50 for a family of 4.

Give me my recliner, access to my fridge, and the ability to back up the
flick to hear a piece of dialogue I missed, and I'm a real happy camper.
And I don't have to clean the bottom of my shoes when the flick is over!

Thomas R. Ray, III, CPBE
KC2NTU
Vice President
Corporate Director of Engineering
Buckley Broadcasting/WOR Radio
Chairman, Society of Broadcast Engineers, Chapter 15
New York City
212-642-4462  phax: 212-764-1573

Ya know... I think I may have the problem of the "sagging box office" sales
figured out. My wife and I went to see the new Herbie movie this weekend.
(We
loved it, BTW.) It was $9.75 each! (I was expecting $8.50! How silly of me!)

When we got to the auditorium, we were the *only* people there! In a theater

capable of seating at least 3-400, we were it. A few minutes into the
"coming
attractions", a small family arrived. That was it. 5 people to watch the
film at
4pm on a Saturday afternoon, in a very nice multiplex. Wow.

When they're charging $9.75 a person, it's just not worth going anymore!
Wait
for the DVD, buy it for $20 or $30, and you're able to watch it any time,
with as many family & friends as you want. As many times as you want... and
you
can raid the icebox as often as you want, pause the flick, etc.

Someone in the Movie Industry needs to wake up. The cure for the lagging box

office sales is so simple: Lower the stinking price! Sheesh.

Rant mode: OFF

Willie...