[BC] SBE accreditation - ham radio

VJB wa3vjb
Thu Jul 28 13:25:51 CDT 2005

Last February I spoke with the SBE about the idea of
including the "Advanced" class license as
qualification for SBE certification.

She was unaware that there had been much change in the
standards to obtain an "Extra" in the years since the
SBE reviewed the level of expertise involved.

She further encouraged me to write to the
certification committee stating my case, and that it
may have been added to the SBE conference planned for
April.

Other matters intervened, I never got around to it,
blah blah blah, but hey, the conditions are ripe for
someone to take the torch and run with it.

Paul
WA3VJB/1971
Amateur Advanced