[BC] The Way Xmtrs Oughta Look

Rich Wood richwood
Thu Jul 28 08:46:11 CDT 2005

------ At 01:37 AM 7/28/2005, Jeff Johnson wrote: -------

>>Let's show some style and class ourselves. Let's motivate the
>>equipment designers to produce in diamonds, pearls and
>>high heels style just as we should appear ourselves.
>>
>>Tom Osenkowsky, CPBE
>
>I'd rather not see any of us in heels. Pearls, maybe.

Heels are dangerous. They act as lightning rods and compromise our
balance. If the diamonds are real they'll end up being sold in the
diamond district in NYC for a fraction of their value or on Ebay.
Knowing how frugal engineers can be they probably came from the Home
Shopping Network.

I prefer tasteful middle manager chic. A few sportcoats and pants
that can be mixed and matched. Sensible, nonconductive shoes and a
pair of coveralls when times get tough and repairs have to be made.

The diamonds, pearls and heels, depending on what they're paired
with, often can be worn only after 6, so that means you always work
late and risk being asked on a date by the Sales Manager. Elegance
has its downsides. The worst is working late. The Sales Manager has
an expense account and you may see places you never dreamed you could afford.

I wonder what the Fab 5 (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy) would do
with a radio engineer. The might prefer redoing the nudist show.

Rich