[BC] IBOC in trouble?

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Wed Jul 27 12:36:38 CDT 2005

On 27 Jul 2005 at 7:41, Barry Mishkind wrote:

> At 09:19 PM 7/26/2005, Phil Alexander wrote
> >Perhaps, now, Ibiquity will get their ducks in a row before IBOC stalls
> >and they face bankruptcy.
>
>          oh yes ... of course ... they have carefully
>          planned it all out. Let's see  ... I know ...
>          how about a national contest with a HUGE
>          prize?  Maybe as much as ... $15k!
>
> >iBIQUITY DIGITAL LAUNCHES COMPREHENSIVE ON-LINE MARKETING RESOURCE FOR AM
> >AND FM BROADCASTERS - “THE HD RADIO™ PLAYBOOK”
> >
> >Nationwide Contest to Award $15,000 for HD Radio Station Promotions
> >
> >For Immediate Release
> >
> >COLUMBIA, MD - July 27, 2005 - iBiquity Digital Corporation, the sole
> >developer of digital HD Radio™ technology premiered the HD Radio Playbook
> >website, an extensive on-line guide for AM and FM stations. The site
> >combines comprehensive how-to information and success stories with
> >ever-changing content to reflect the challenges stations face as they
> >convert to digital HD Radio technology.  It offers extensive strategic
> >advice, as well as sample and customizable liners, IDs promotions, press
> >release and much more.  Designed by David Martin’s Media Arts & Sciences
> >and developed in consultation with some of the most

As I said, bankruptcy could be a GOOD thing in this case. It would serve
the broadcasters, listeners and just about everyone except Ibiquity
(mis) management and the VC's who thought it was too good to be true.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037