[BC] IBOC in trouble?

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Wed Jul 27 04:27:13 CDT 2005

On 27 Jul 2005 at 4:54, Bill Harms wrote:

> Or perhaps the FCC will do the right thing and drop IBOC all
> together, especially on the AM band.

That would please many for a time, but ultimately it creates
more problems than it solves. The AM band needs digital in
some form and IBOC is the closest thing we have to something
that works. IMHO, restarting this will ultimately kill far
more stations than IBOC will kill. It's question of making
the transition to digital with the least harm.

To make it clear, I'm not an IBOC supporter, but I strongly
support DAB in the MW band, and believe that ultimately,
the band should be expanded downward.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037