[BC] Antenna restrictions

Xen Scott xenscott
Tue Jul 26 11:24:38 CDT 2005

At 11:19 AM 7/26/05 -0400, Rich Wood wrote:
>------ At 01:19 AM 7/26/2005, Xen Scott wrote: -------
>
>>My solution has been to include language in the purchase agreement
>>providing for the use of
>>whatever antenna I wish.  That way the purchase can be nullified if the
>>use of the antenna is
>>subsequently disallowed through enforcement of the CC&R.  The language in
>>the purchase agreement
>>serves the same purpose as title insurance.
>
>That seems to be the best approach. It would tend to make the real estate
>agent actually read the documents to be sure a lot of work isn't done only
>to be lost at closing. I assume you include that all deposits and costs
>incurred are to be returned.

Yes indeed.  I also told the real estate agent that I needed the house to
face north or east
so that the back yard, where I wanted to place the antenna, would have a
clean view of the
Clarke belt where all the satellites are.  That drove the agents crazy as
their database
of houses didn't include which way the house faced.  By the time we got to
closing, the agents
had really worked to earn their six percent fee.

Xen Scott