[BC] Convention Costs

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Jul 26 10:09:19 CDT 2005

------ At 11:12 PM 7/25/2005, Harold Hallikainen wrote: -------

>NAB is still the only place I've seen a soft drink machine that takes
>credit cards. Here's a story I just ran across on food costs at the
>Chicago and Las Vegas convention centers:

Get used to it. Pretty soon you'll be able to buy that overpriced
Coke with your Bluetooth phone. It'll appear on your phone bill (with
taxes, tariffs, line connection fees, etc. added). I think they're
called micro transactions. The service charges will cost more than the product.

I think I'd quit the business before I'd exhibit at McCormick ever
again. It was a nightmare. The exhibitor next to me had a prebuilt
display with recessed lighting. Someone made the unforgivable mistake
of plugging the display into the outlet they'd paid for. That's a
union job. They objected to the charge. In retaliation, the union
required them to remove the lights so a union electrician could
reinstall them - for a price.

Rich