[BC] Morse Code

Charles Lewis clewis
Tue Jul 26 03:54:56 CDT 2005

        Let's not nit pick over a name.  Last I knew, it was also
        considered perfectly acceptable to call the "Continental Code"
        "International Morse Code."  Yes, there are significant
        differences in the adaptation we use on CW from the original
        Morse Code, but there are also many unchanged characters.  I
        feel quite comfortable just telling folks that I do Morse Code.
        They would have no idea what I meant if I referred to it as
        "Continental Code."  It doesn't bother me at all if the ARRL
        calls it Morse Code sometimes either.  I think Samuel F.B. Morse
        deserves the honor.

        Charles - S9SS