[BC] MS objection to IBOC

Clive Warner clive
Tue Jul 26 01:02:29 CDT 2005

<http://svartifoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_docu
ment=6518012230>

>Watch the wrap.
>This is the document Clive mentions. It uses the lack of codec definition
>in NRSC-5 in what appears to be a very creative way.
>
>Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD

- Well I read this and it appears to me:
1. MS are uising their European resources to keep them remarkably well
informed on the development of DAB in Europe.
2. MS rightly recognise Ibiquity as a monopoly in the making and are
objecting to being shut out.
3. MS make some powerful arguments against accepting the present codec.
I should expect Ibiquity's stock price to take a big hit in the face of
opposition by the world's richest company.
- Clive
www.citiria.com/citipub