[BC] antennas

John Hettish jhettish
Mon Jul 25 18:56:48 CDT 2005

> - How can anyone have the nerve to complain about antennas when the whole
> sky is littered with power cables and cable TV garbage? In Europe all that
> crap is under the ground where it should be.
> Clive

I could probably be said that the reason all the electric cables are
underground in Europe was the fact that the continent was devastated sixty
years ago and thus all the infrastructure had to be rebuilt.  Actually, I do
believe the UK had underground utilities long before the war.  The war just
pushed the rest of the utilities underground.  One notices the lack of
wooden utility poles, and railroad ties in Europe, a result of the
destruction of many of the sources of wood from 1939 to 1945.

The countries of the European continent and Japan were placed in a position
(some by their own design) that required them to start over when modern
technology was already developed.  In this country which has been
essentially untouched since the 1860's we're still utilizing 150 year old
technology, i.e. poles made from trees which still grow here in great
numbers.  Even the attacks on the WTC can't compare to the destruction on
the other side of the world which I might add was also made possible by
modern technology.

I guess if global war had occurred those few who survived would have had to
rebuild everything underground including their utilities.

Ok, I'm rambling, but it was fun.

John Hettish