[BC] Pirate Justice????

Paul Smith W4KNX paul
Mon Jul 25 15:05:33 CDT 2005

Hey Grannie, shut down the transmitter.... the revenooers are coming up the
lane.....
Get yur shotgun and maybe skeer em off....

Whatever happened to due process???

Paul Smith
W4KNX
Sarasota, FL.

-----Original Message-----
From: broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net
[mailto:broadcast-bounces at radiolists.net]On Behalf Of Golchert, Michael
A.
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 3:32 PM
To: Broadcast List Serv
Subject: [BC] Pirate Justice????

    Had a thought....since the FDLE and FCC have been shutting down
(some) pirates lately....  We know that the FCC confiscates the pirates
equipment.   Why not have, as a condition of the pirates conviction,
require them to publicly destroy all of their pirate broadcast equipment
(and anything purchased with monies raised by pirate activities)
with....say....a 20 lb. sledge hammer.  Equipment would have to be
destroyed so the degree every piece had to fit through a 3" diameter
hole.
    It's about as close as I could come to the concept of a "public
hanging" and still pass ACLU muster (or so I think....)

Michael A. Golchert
AM Field Engineer
Clear Channel
Some things like physics never change, for the others there is a Rule
Making.