[BC] strange Long Distance charges

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Mon Jul 25 14:21:42 CDT 2005

Yes...
and here's a trick to use them....

If you have broadband, get a Free World Dialup
account(www.freeworlddialup.com). You can use it with either a soft phone
(that runs on your computer) or with a hardware solution.

Free world dialup allows for toll free calling by putting a * in front of the
800 (866,877,etc.) number. Use FWD to call the access number on the 99 cents
card.

Next, for incoming, get an ipkall account (www.ipkall.com). Ipkall will give
you a free POTS incoming line in the 360 area code (Black Diamond, WA) that
forwards to your FWD number.

Now you have both incoming and outgoing phone service for virtually free
(okay, so outgoing POTS calls cost a penny a minute).

You can call toll free for free and also can call any FWD subscriber (there's
over 600,000 of them!). FWD also has great (free) voice mail features.

Most other major VOIP suppliers have intertie with FWD so you can also call
them for free (Vonage has suspended theirs, but expects to start it up again
soon).

-D