[BC] Re: antenna trimming

Cowboy curt
Mon Jul 25 10:29:22 CDT 2005

On Monday 25 July 2005 10:25, Xmitters at aol.com wrote:

>   I'll concede you *might* need to change the transform of the Z, but no,
>   it's not true that one *must* change the electrical length. >>
>
> Cowboy:
>
> If it is required to maintain some vertical radiation characteristic, you do
> in fact have to alter the length of the antenna,

 I think I did state that the radiation characteristics of the radiator are determined
 by its physical characteristics alone, and they are.
 Perhaps I might have elaborated a bit, and included the idea that it is those physical
 characteristics relative to the wavelength.

 In other words, if one wishes to move from 144 mhz 90 degree radiator to 14.4 90 degree
 radiator than obviously a physical change would be required, in order to maintain
 the 90 degree radiation pattern, but not in order to achieve a "match."

 In yet more "other words" you are correct, and I conveyed that part badly.