[BC] Re: Skywave reception, big potential......

Al Wolfe awolfe
Sun Jul 24 15:01:40 CDT 2005

    Has anyone done any practical work with NVIS (all skywave) antennae in
the AM band? I have played a bit with them on both 1.9 and 3.9 mhz and am
surprised at how well they can work, even in the day time. I recall 73
magazine had an article or two back around 1967 regarding using very low
dipoles on 40 meters for communications out to about 400 miles in the
daytime. Also cut down greatly on interference from foreign broadcast, low
angle stuff.
    This may be the newest savior for AM radio. Eliminate the ground wave!

Al (retired),
AKA K9SI