[BC] Morse code for fun and pleasure...

Rich Wood richwood
Sun Jul 24 12:52:49 CDT 2005

------ At 01:09 PM 7/24/2005, Burt I. Weiner wrote: -------

>I still find it fun.  We all have our individual interests in a
>hobby.  CW is still a very reliable method of communications and one
>of the easiest to generate. I'm sure that any requirement for it has
>numbered days but I hope we will retain some "CW only" portions of the bands.

I seriously doubt the CW portions of the bands will ever disappear.
My objection is not to CW. My objection is over those pretentious
snobs who consider it to be the greatest measure of Amateur
"professionalism." I've known many code-enabled Hams who couldn't set
a paper bag on fire with a soldering iron and were completely removed
from the tradition of courtesy and community service. Most of them
could be seen at hamfests with the two beercan hats emblazened with
their calls.

Too many people enjoy CW to ever think it will, or should, go away.

Rich
KF2JO