[BC] Re: Cutting Vs Matching Antenna Vs no code

Larry Bloomfield Larry
Sun Jul 24 10:22:46 CDT 2005

Richard:

What your are saying is true. I can't argue with that. There are many TV
transmitter sites with common antennas for all the transmitters. Antenna
design is a fascinating discipline. Most hams that I know of don't have
nor can afford those kinds of antennas and basic theory is still
important to know and understand. It is an avenue where a guy who wants
to design an antenna that is broad banded can really learn from the
experience. Most ham radio that I'm familiar with is experimentation.
Many things that hams have developed, especially in the earlier years of
ham radio, have found their way into commercial use. I believe ham radio
is a valuable service for many different reasons.

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC
Bloomfield Enterprises, LLC
dba - Tech-Notes
1980 25th St., Florence, OR  97439-9717
(541) 902-2424 - Home/Office/Cell
WWW.Tech-Notes.TV  -- See you on the Road Show.