[BC] My prediction for the future

WFIFeng@aol.com WFIFeng
Sat Jul 23 21:18:04 CDT 2005

In a message dated 07/23/2005 9:38:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tom at bosscher.org writes:

>        The baby bells are being killed by cable and Voip. I am going to
>  drop my absurd $ 45/month SBC bill for what I see will be only the $
>  15/month plan from Vonage. I have five people at work who have been on
>  it long enough that I'm willing to try it.

Beware the 911 Emergency calling issue, though. Too many major problems with
VOIP misdirecting or totally failing to properly connect 911 calls.

I prefer my trusty old twisted pair anyday. I've heard of too many problems,
dropped calls, etc, with people I know who are using VOIP. I don't think it's
quite ready for primetime just yet. It's still got far too many growing pains
& weaknesses.

Willie...