[BC] Re: Illegal doesn mean anything anymore!!!!

Rich Wood richwood
Sat Jul 23 19:51:18 CDT 2005

------ At 02:11 PM 7/23/2005, Phil Alexander wrote: -------

>And this is different from Western Mass? How's that? <ggg>
>
>(For the folks who don't get this, it's a God-given right to turn
>  left in front of oncoming traffic when the light turns green in
>  Western Mass. If you even scowl at the third car doing it, you may
>  get a digital indication of the driver's IQ, or the "Mass. wave"
>  which is a wimpy wave of the hand and shrug that translates as,
>  "So, I screwed up, so what?")

I don't see it as being much different. One pulls out of a side
street only when you can clearly read the renewal date on the license
plate of the oncoming car. Tailgating is a sport here. Driving home
today from a party the woman behind me could read my speedometer. The
limit was 50mph. My theory is that, if she's going to hit me it's
going to be at 25mph. I slowed down until she got the point. Then
there's the little old lady so afraid of driving that she drives
25mph on a 2 lane highway where the limit is 50. No passing allowed, of course.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-303-9084