[BC] IBOC nightmares (WAS:Daylight Savings...)

Rich Wood richwood
Sat Jul 23 07:57:01 CDT 2005

------ At 08:58 PM 7/22/2005, WFIFeng at aol.com wrote: -------

>WOR's analog signal is only a fraction of WFAN's up this way, yet their hash
>generator is extremely noticable. If WFAN fires one up, that's going
>to make a
>really big mess. No hope for WSM, then, even on a LSB receiver.

I believe you're beyond all 3 stations' protected contours. They
don't need you. Once my power reduction strategy is implemented the
hash generators will affect only local markets where stations are
relatively widely separated. The only problem will be adjacent
markets clobbering and getting clobbered. We can live with that until
we can collect enough money to buy a politician to take notice.

Rich