[BC] re: Air Names

First Step Productions - Dave Golterman thevoice
Fri Jul 22 22:10:48 CDT 2005

When I was working at the Citadel (now Clear Channel) cluster in
Billings, MT I was "Diamond Dave" on oldies K-Bear, just "Dave" on
classic rock The Hawk, and on Cat Country I was "Dave Joyner" because I
joined whoever needed me and also as a radio in joke referring to "fly
jock" Tom Joyner.  And I did have to do a little flying...K-Bear & Cat
Country were on the 23rd floor of the Sheraton Hotel and The Hawk was in
the Q2 (KTVQ) Building about 10 blocks away.  I worked a few
Friday/Saturday overnights on K-Bear and then Saturday mornings live on
the Hawk.  It worked out fairly well because Major Dan Miller who is a
legend in the Billings market (he's been there since the late 50's)
didn't mind seguing the last 3 songs of my last hour on K-Bear so I
could get to The Hawk by 6am.  That's not the only reason I say he's a
class act, but it made an impression on me.

Dave Golterman
First Step Productions
111 East Railroad Avenue Suite 5
Plentywood, MT 59254