[BC] Daylight Savings Time changes?

Scott Bailey wmroam
Fri Jul 22 08:17:05 CDT 2005

Willie,
    Sounds like you have a mess here.   Have you guys thought about working with WTOP and come to some kinda of agreement for you to run at 5 KW btw 6 AM and 6 PM during the winter months, reguradless of when your Sunrise of Sunset time actually are? Yea, it might make a mess on 1500 for a couple of hours in the morning and afternoon hours, but economics comes into play here and it?s important to get those paid programs on!  Who are you protecting day right now?  I wished during the major change window that opened up 2 years ago, you could have found somewhere else to go with better conditions.

>Someone else said that the changes to DST doesn't actually change our
>sign-on. "Technically" that's true, as it's always related to the relative
>?position of the Sun... but our *listeners' schedules* are changed! What was once 6:45am
>sign-on in November will now become 7:45. That's horrible!

>WTOP's signal is absolutely incredible up this way during darkness, and
>really plays havoc with ours near each end of the day. Even if the FCC were
>gracious, and gave us the April PSRA of 290 watts from 6:45-7:45am, we'd be
>fortunate
>to get *maybe* 1/2 mile of *useful* coverage in our major lobe because of
>WTOP's flamethrower.

Scott Bailey
General Manager/Owner/Operator
Classic Broadcasting of Sumner County, Inc.
WMRO-AM, Magic 1560
Gallatin, TN
615.451.2131
615.335.6589 (Cell #)