[BC] Hilmer Swanson has passed away /off-line/private

Phil Alexander dynotherm
Thu Jul 21 15:32:33 CDT 2005

On 21 Jul 2005 at 12:49, tosenkowsky at prodigy.net wrote:

> I am deeply saddened by the passing of a true pioneer in our profession. As
> a Section Editor for the Tenth Edition of the NAB Engineering Handbook my
> first candidate for the chapter on AM Transmitters was Hilmer. When I heard
> of his illness I understood why he declined my offer. A loss to us all.

When I was at Gates I met Hilmer several times although he worked at Wisman Ln.
and I worked at Hampshire St. (for George Yazell)

He was head and shoulders above the rest because what he did worked, and what
he said was true. As a young kid with only a few years under his belt, I stood
back and watched what he did in awe.

One name that comes to mind if you are still looking for a top flight AM
transmitter engineer is Jack Sellmeyer who was at Gates for a time (although
not the same time as I was there) and also did some very good work at Collins/
Rockwell. His phone and address are on the AFCCE roster of members.
Just a thought.

Regards,

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)