[BC] Franklin

Mullaney Engineering, Inc. Webmail
Thu Jul 21 15:30:05 CDT 2005

Neal Newman wrote:

> OK so Let me ask the group this   what type tower is used over at 1600
> in Jersey
>
>> that looks like a 4 tower Franklin with the Insulators Half way Up Or
>> is that actually 2 stations Stacked on top of Each other..  and Not
>> duplexed. you know the 4 towers  north of Rt 3 going into NYC.

This is WWRL.  When the site was originally built, the towers
were "sectionalized" and pass-reject networks installed to help
detune the towers with respect to one of the numerous nearby
facilities (I forget exactly which station).  However, after
continuing problems with the components in the pass-reject
networks being damaged by lightning hits, the sectionalizing
insulators were strapped out and the detuning moved to the
base of the tower.

Al Gearing

--

Alan E. Gearing, PE