[BC] Daylight Savings Time changes?

Alan Alsobrook radiotech
Wed Jul 20 23:10:18 CDT 2005

I would say the broadcast time would just be gone.. Since the reason for changing power's and
directions is related to the sun, no matter what we do it's still going to get up when it's ready to
and go to bed when it wants to. For that reason I can't see the FCC changing the rules to say ok
this skywave interference isn't going to happen because the change was requested by congress.

Now as to how much energy it will save, we did this back in 1976 so their should be hard facts and
figures from back then. I remember traipsing off to school in the pitch black of "morning". Ok so we
didn't need the lights in the early evening, but we sure turned them on an hour earlier in the
morning. IIRC, back then it was sold to us as that you wouldn't need factory lights as much in the
evening. Either way I would speculate that the energy savings seen would be far less than what the
"experts" are figuring on.  Since the advent of the fluorescent incandescent replacements, I would
venture that the bulk of the residential electricity use has shifted away from lighting. Personally
my whole house has slowly converted from incandescent to fluorescent lighting. If they do it I think
it'll turn out to be another failed experiment just as it was deemed to be back in 1976.