[BC] Franklin

Barry Mishkind barry
Wed Jul 20 15:17:37 CDT 2005

At 01:07 PM 7/20/2005, Cowboy wrote
>On Wednesday 20 July 2005 15:49, Neal Newman wrote:
> >  Very Cool so Basically a Franklin is a Vertical  center fed Dipole. I
> > would assume with it Being such
> > there is No Ground Radial system?
>
>  No.
>  It's 180 over 180 and both sections are fed IN phase.
>  That's where the gain comes from.
>  ( a coaxial colinear, such as a Phelps-Dodge StationMaster is the same
> principal )
>  A dipole has the two sides out of phase.
>
>  As such, it does require a standard ground system.

         I will defer to your knowledge on this one,
         however, my musty memory (it gets musty
         very fast these days <g>) recalls being told
         there was none, or very little at one point.

         Still, it is quite possible I am mis-remembering
         the story of the inspector.

Barry Mishkind     -       Tucson, AZ    -   520-296-3797