[BC] Franklin Antenna

PeterH5322@aol.com PeterH5322
Wed Jul 20 11:30:16 CDT 2005

>There is one sectionalized tower in the array, the other two are standard
>series fed towers.

You right; me bad.

The two end towers are quite tall, at 187.1 degrees. Conventional in
every respect, indeed.

The offset center tower is Sect=8, A=145.00, B=180.00, C=6.81 and D=0.38.

That is one efficient DA!

The night pattern RMS corresponds to 352.66 mV/m/kW at 1 km. Almost Class
A efficiency.

The day pattern RMS corresponds to 382.17 mV/m/kW at 1 km. Better than
Class A efficiency.

>Because the top and bottom sections of the "Franklin"
>(what we called it) are separately adjusted, the antenna monitor had 4
>spickets.

A Franklin is Sect=3; WOC's sectional is Sect=8.

There are several Sect codes which are reserved for unconventional
radiators. Sect codes higher than 2 are often named for their creators,
or for the station which first used these.

Conventional, non-top-loaded: Sect=0
Conventional, top loaded: Sect=1
Conventional, sectional: Sect=2

Franklin-type: Sect=3 (A is assumed to be 180.00, and the radiator is a
180 over 180, otherwise the radiator is classified as Sect=2).

WHO-type: Sect=7

There is a Sect code for WCCO-type (never constructed) and one or two
named for Carl E. Smith.

Perhaps 8 is a Smith-type?

I don't recall, and that info is embedded in the "C" code for that FCC
function which takes Sect, A, B, C and D, and elevation angle as
parameters (variables), and returns the field ratio at that angle.