[BC] Announcing the TechZone

Richard Fry rfry
Wed Jul 20 07:25:05 CDT 2005

>> Sounds good, but were are you going to direct
>> posts when they start to deviate from the
>> technical aspects as they somehow usually do?
Phil Alexander:
>If one tech topic diverges to another tech topic someone will hopefully
>change the subject and begin another thread. That makes the archives so
>much more useful.
_______________

The idealist approach is that somehow, posters to the TechZone list will
have the discipline to avoid of all the evils that prompted the creation of
TechZone in the first place.

The realist approach is that it won't happen.  For proof, note that the TZ
subject "Hello, is this thing on?" is now discussing how to split AES-3
without distortion, using the same subject line (including some from the TZ
moderator).  And this on Day One of the list.

There already is a "Tech-Assist" list running which seems by its title to be
appropriate for tech-only posts.  I think that was its premise, anyway.

At this point there are five separate B-Net type lists running, and nobody
seems to know which list is supposed to be used for which purpose.

YMMV,

RF