[BC] Turntable arms

DANA PUOPOLO dpuopolo
Tue Jul 19 21:52:23 CDT 2005

This one had two tuning meters and used power compactron tubes in its outputs
that were huge. They were the size of 6L6's but had compactron bases. It salso
had a variable gain phono stage. I used to DX with it.

Later I had a Fisher thta used a nuvistor in its front end. Boy was that a hot
tuner!

-D

------ Original Message ------
From: "Phil Alexander" <dynotherm at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [BC] Turntable arms

On 19 Jul 2005 at 14:52, DANA PUOPOLO wrote:

> I had an AR-XA turntable with a Shure M55E. Speakers were AR 2AX's. I
actually
> owned them until I had to clean out my ex wife's house a few years ago. I
had
> a Sherwood tube receiver that had great FM reception, and a Pioneer dolby B
> cassette deck.  Later, I resurrected a Revox A-77 reel deck.

Was that the one with the green eye tube that had the viewing window on
the side instead of the top end? Great tuner it claimed 0.7 uV for 20 dB
quieting and really did it. The Fisher was another good one that had
similar performance. Use the Sherwood for 80 - 90 mile OTA network pickups
in the late '50's.

Phil Alexander, CSRE, AMD
(a Div. of Advanced Parts Corporation)
Ph. (317) 335-2065   FAX (317) 335-9037