[BC] the Deja VU meter is pegging (was: IBOC)

Rich Wood richwood
Tue Jul 19 16:04:31 CDT 2005

------ At 03:30 PM 7/19/2005, Phil Alexander wrote: -------

>Perhaps there may be others, but the case can be made that
>present day AM radio technology is one of the oldest still
>in general use with very few changes since its inception.
>There is no question that print media has modernized more.

No doubt, but it's been pretty reliable over those years. What about
digital transmitters? I recall some dramatic improvements when we
changed to a DX-50 at WOR. On the studio side there have been great
advances in digital audio. Some of us still think AM is pretty
amazing. Maybe it's the history that built it and, when conditions
are right, it's amazing coverage.

I loved the history of WOR. In the 10 years I worked there I was
always aware of it's importance in the development of radio.

Rich

Rich Wood
Rich Wood Multimedia
Phone: 413-303-9084