[BC] Re: Turntable arms

Clay Freinwald cfreinwald
Tue Jul 19 12:15:08 CDT 2005

Twas written -

A good choice if you mean the CB-500, but don't forget about the
16" Rec-O-Kut and the 16" Fairchild. The Fairchild was direct
drive and built like a battleship - make that a HEAVY battleship -
Iowa class.

I recall the Fairchilds.  Open the door on the base and you sware the
insides were made by Maytag!.   When starting they had a tendancy to
overspeed for a moment and then settle down...This required rather long
cue times.  I remember cueing records on them over 40 years ago (Ouch!)

Clay Freinwald